Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Favorite Season: Summer



My Favorite Season: Summer

As we are coming to an end with summer and fall is starting to begin, I look back on the seasons and think to myself which season is my favorite season. My favorite season of all time is summer. With summer comes warm weather and fun activities. One of my favorite things to do during summer is make a fire in the fire pit and make s'mores. In addition, I love going to the beach during the summer. The sand is warm between my toes and the water is cool as a take a walk during the shore line. Shell collecting is something I like to do at the beach. I have a collection of shells, all types of shells in a jar on my dresser.

Vocabulary:
1. Season: (noun) example spring, summer, autumn, and winter which is shown by different weather patterns during each season
2. Summer: (noun) The warmest season of the year
3. Weather: (noun) the conditions of the outside environment
4. Activities:(noun) a thing a person can do
5. S'mores:(noun) a dessert made of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate
6. Beach:(noun) a shoreline by the ocean that is filled with tiny rocks
7. Sand:(noun) tiny rocks on the beach by the water
8. Shells: (noun) a hard item that is found on the beach that once was a home to a sea creature

Vocabulary Exercise: Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word.
1. _______________ are a delicious dessert.
2. The cool ___________ felt good under my feet as I took a walk on the beach.
3. I love going to the ________________ and sitting on the shoreline enjoying summer.
4. I have a big collect of __________ to show off to my friends when I visit different beaches.
5. My of my favorite ______________ is to make a fire in my fire pit.
6. We are having some nice _________________ during the summer.
7. There are four _________________: summer, fall, winter, and spring.
8. I enjoy _________________ when the weather is warm and the sun is hot.

A noun is a person, place, thing, or idea.
Activities for nouns:
1. Write a list of different examples of a person, place, or thing.
2. Letter Scavenger hunt: for each letter of the alphabet, write 3 nouns to go with each letter
3. Write 3 sentences with nouns in the sentence: color the places red, colors the people blue, color the things yellow

2 comments:

  1. Good entry with a good choice of vocabulary words and activities! I am not fond of the summer though I like the beach and swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colorful pictures in this post definitely caught my eye! I love the summer too, but fall is my favorite season. I like the idea of the letter scavenger hunt to think of nouns.

    ReplyDelete